Construction begins on new Beer Garden
On Monday, Nov. 26, construction began on Moon River Brewing's new Beer Garden, located next door to our current location at 21. W. Bay St. in the heart of historic downtown Savannah, Ga.
With good weather and a little luck, the Beer Garden will serve its first Moon River Brewing beer on March 1, 2013.
The 5,400-square-foot Beer Garden will feature a single-story building that will be attached to the current Moon River Brewing building. The new building will house restroom facilities, a bar and a small kitchen.
The remaining area, about 3,600 square feet, will seat more than 200 patrons. Carolina jasmine (with Moon River Brewing yellow blossoms) will be grown on a trellis over most of the seating area, providing cooling shade on hot summer days. Herbs, flowers, shrubs and trees will be planted along the north and west sides of the Beer Garden to enhance the garden feeling.
"The zoning board passed our request for a height variance to allow for a 13-foot tall trellis on Nov. 27," says Gene Beeco, co-owner and general manager. "The exterior wall of the west side of the building, basement level, has been waterproofed. We have received the permit to build a wall around the Beer Garden space."
Follow the construction progress, learn about the Beer Garden Grand Opening and get details about how to rent the space for your special event via our Facebook page.
Share the holidays with us
Moon River Brewing will be open on Christmas, Dec. 25, 1-9 p.m. We will serve a limited menu of comfort foods and patron favorites.
We also will be open New Year's Eve, Dec. 31, until 1 a.m. Dinner and drink specials will be posted on our Facebook page as they become available.
Save money with $5 lunches
Save money for holiday shopping by eating one of our $5 daily lunch specials. Learn more.
Dining specials in December
Details about these upcoming specials will be posted on our Facebook page as they become available:
- Roasted oysters and beer on Dec. 14, 21 and 28
- Belgian beef stew and braised pork with cider
Moon River Brewing beers on tap
- Apparition English Ale
- Bellywasher Golden Ale
- Captain's Porter
- Jasmine Saison
- Slo-vannah American Pale Ale
- Swamp Fox India Pale Ale
- Tarleton's India Pale Ale
- Wild Wacky Wit
We also will be tapping a [name to be determined] English Strong Ale and Rosemary India Pale Ale in mid-December.
This month's cask ales
- Dec. 5: Slo-vannah American Pale Ale with Centennial hops and grapefruit
- Dec. 12: Captain's Porter with cacao nibs and raspberries
- Dec. 19: Apparition Ale with Centennial hops
- Dec. 26: Captain's Porter with sweet orange peel and cacao nibs
Make holiday gift giving easy peasy
Stop by to enjoy a craft beer and a fine meal while purchasing these perfect holiday gifts:
Apparation Ale and Wild Wacky Wit Beer Soaps are locally produced by our good friends at Nourish using our beer. $5.99 per bar or five bars for $20. Order online.
Screaming Pickle Sauce is a sadistic blend of green serrano chilies and kosher dill pickles made by our friends at Angel's BBQ. A perfect addition to food or Bloody Marys. $4.99 per bottle or five bottles for $20. Order online.
Logo 22-oz. mugs ($16.99) and pint glasses (two for $9.99). Order online.
Our apparel line includes long-sleeve T-shirts and logo baseball caps. Order online.
Moon River Brewing gift cards are always a great deal. For every $30 purchase, receive a $5 bonus. Order online.
From Russia with beer love?
Moon River Brewing has been invited to participate in the Siberian Beer Fair in Novosibirsk, Russia April, 10-12, 2013. According to the organizer, the event "will cover all the areas within the beer production sector, and is expected to attract over 3500 visitors and 120 exhibitors." No word yet whether co-owners Gene Beeco and John Pinkerton will accept the generous invitation.
- Dec. 4, 7:30 p.m.: Savannah Brewers League meeting (first Wednesday of each month)
- Dec. 6, 13, 20 and 27, 6 p.m.: Moon River Brewing's traditional toast to sum up the week's events. Volunteer to make your first toast and receive a free T-shirt. (every Friday).
- Jan. 19, 2013: World Beer Fest, Columbia, S.C.
- Jan. 23, 2013: Atlanta Cask Ale Tasting, Atlanta, Ga.
- Jan. 26, 2013: Winter Beer Fest, Atlanta, Ga.
- Feb. 2, 2013: Queen City Brewers Festival, Charlotte, N.C.
- Feb. 9, 2013: Winter Beer Carnival, Atlanta, Ga.
- Feb. 23, 2013: Brewvival, Charleston, S.C.
- March 2, 2013: Beer, Bourbon & BBQ Festival, Atlanta, Ga.
- May 13-19, 2013: American Craft Beer Week.
- Sept. 15, 2013: Brewgrass Festival, Asheville, N.C.
- Oct. 10-12, 2013: Great American Beer Festival, Denver, Co.
- Oct. 19, 2013: Ossabaw Island 12th Annual Pig Roast and Auction, Ossabaw Island, Ga.
- Nov. 3, 2013: Bluffton International & Craft Beer Festival, Bluffton, S.C.
- Nov. 9, 2013: Brew Your Cask Off, a cask ale festival in Atlanta, Ga.
Food delivery and other good bits
- Watch the latest edition of Beer America TV (craft beer in motion).
- Order Moon River Brewing food to be delivered to your home, office or hotel room.
- Receive a 10 percent discount when you show a full-time military ID.
- Watch the "I Am A Craft Brewer YouTube video. It represents the camaraderie, character and integrity of the American Craft Brewing movement.
Share your love via social media
Like us on Moon River Brewing's Facebook page. We are honored to have 6,587 fans so far! We are also on Twitter (@MoonRiverBrew) with 979 followers so far.
Become a Quality Assurance Team Member
When you become a Moon River Brewing Quality Assurance Team member($35 one-time, life-time fee), you will receive a personalized membership card
and 22-oz. Q.A. mug or a T-shirt. Additional benefits include:
*Member benefits and pricing subject to change without notice.
- 2-for-1 appetizers on Friday, Saturday and Sunday during Happy Hour.
- Invitations to private Q.A. parties (including the annual formal holiday party).
- A free dinner on your birthday.
- Points, earned with each dollar spent, that can be redeemed for food and merchandise.
Happy hour specials (4-7 p.m. every day)
Moon River beers, $4.50 (20-oz. pint) • House wines, $3.50
Complimentary hors d'oeuvres served by the bar on Thursdays.
Moon River Brewing Company
21 W. Bay St. Savannah, GA 31401 • 912.447.0943
Monday-Thursday: 11 a.m.-11 p.m.
Friday-Saturday: 11 a.m.-midnight • Sunday: 11 a.m.-11 p.m.